Economic Recovery Assistant Azraq: The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC is looking for Economic Recovery Assistant who will offer on-site assistance for the execution of all livelihood initiatives in Azraq base. Their responsibilities will encompass outreach, registration, monitoring activities, and providing daily reports on the implementation progress.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Base Manager – Azraq Camp. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist in the regular community mobilization and outreach.
- Assist in collection of information regarding beneficiary and community needs and gaps in service provision in order to feed into the design of livelihood interventions.
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation of all DRC livelihood activities in Azraq base, including productive spaces activities, micro business grants, and all skills and self-reliance training programs.
- Support in conducting Focus group discussions
- Provide updated and relevant information on available services to DRC beneficiaries.
- Offer necessary assistance with the implementation of the IBVs scheme in Azraq camp.
- Coordinate and oversee the skills training activities in Azraq town.
- Assist the MEAL team in conducting feedback sessions for trainees and IBVs.
- Supervise and track the machineries, equipment, tools, and materials in the productive areas.
- Record the daily activities into the database.
- Maintain close coordination with the direct line manager to identify the gaps and implement a plan to respond to those needs.
- Monitor the allocation of grants and carry out other duties associated with DRC’s partner implementation in Azraq town.
- Other tasks assigned by the direct line manager.
Required / Desirable
- Diploma degree or higher in relevant area (e.g. economics, development studies, Business)
- 2 years of experience working with an INGO.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster communication among local stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Experience with relationship management, working in local and vulnerable communities in camps setting;
- Arabic (fluent)
- English (good)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Designation of Duty Station: Azraq Base
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 09 April 2023
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Job Description: Click Here