Economic Recovery Assistant in Madaba: The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation.
DRC is looking for the Economic Recovery Assistant who will provide in-field support to the implementation of all livelihood activities in the area of responsibility including outreach, registration, and distribution.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Base Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist in the regular community mobilization and outreach.
- Assist in collection of information regarding beneficiary and community needs and gaps in service provision in order to feed into the design of livelihood interventions.
- Assist in the day-to-day implementation of all DRC livelihood activities in the targeted locations, including distribution of commodities, micro business grants, and all skills and self-reliance training programs.
- Support in conducting awareness sessions
- Provide updated and relevant information on available services to DRC beneficiaries.
- Provide livelihood counselling to DRC beneficiaries, and then refer them to the relevant livelihood scheme.
- Coordinate and oversee the skills training activities in Azraq town.
- Assist the MEAL team in conducting feedback sessions for trainees and cash for workers.
- Support the site supervisor and follow up on the cash for work site requirements.
- Record the daily activities into the database.
- Maintain close coordination with the direct line manager to identify the gaps and implement a plan to respond to those needs.
- Coordinate with other team members for protection mainstreaming.
- Other tasks assigned by the direct line manager.
- Diploma degree or higher in relevant area (e.g. economics, development studies, Business)
- 2 years of experience working with an INGO- Economic recovery
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster communication among local stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Experience with relationship management, working in local and vulnerable communities;
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
- Designation of Duty Station: Madaba
- Start date: ASAP
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2023
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Job Description: Click Here