Enterprise Architect in Copenhagen: “Enable the strategic aspiration of the DRC as articulated in the Strategy 2025”. This is your challenge. Do you want to play a leading role in understanding and transforming the application architecture across more than 40 countries? We build on a history dating back to 1956 of assisting displaced persons in their pursuit of a dignified life. Along the way this has led to an application landscape which is doing what needs to be done – mirroring the culture of our organisation. However, this also holds significant opportunity for standardising, simplifying and streamlining our approach to invest in and adopt new technologies and applications ensuring that they are a strategic fit and robust for our continued effort.
You will build, maintain and develop a global Enterprise Architecture in collaboration with IT and business partners. You will guide the DRC to a business process landscape that allows us to identify gaps and assess risks – as well as synergies. You will navigate the complexities of the organisation with ease sensing when your role is to push for efficiency or when it is to partner with those who are pushed to act swiftly to provide safety for people in need.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council is working in hotspots in 40 countries. Over the past years we have had a tremendous growth internationally. Successful ideation, development and benefit realisation from new and existing solutions are key objectives in DRC to ensure we continue to provide efficient security and protection to the people we serve. We balance this with our delivery of seamless collaboration platforms for our colleagues in need of flexibility to perform their tasks and collaborate globally irrespective time and place and a robust and expanding ERP platform in Microsoft Dynamics.
About the job
You are the focal point of our Enterprise Architecture. You will set the direction and establish the needed structure for its development and maintenance – and ensure that ownership, responsibilities, and actions are taken in a timely manner for the DRC to govern the application portfolio. Moreover, you will:
- Build and lead the Enterprise Architecture practice in DRC globally
- Manage the technical aspects of the application architecture as well as engaging in stakeholder dialogue about gaps, risks, and opportunities identified
- Coordinate all Enterprise Architecture activities locally and globally
- Map business strategies with the global Enterprise Architecture roadmap
- Engage as IT business partner for assigned business processes and business areas
- Contribute in business critical programs and projects where your skills are essential (Power Platform, Digital Workplace, Information Management Systems, CRM and Omnichannel-engagements).
You have the experience to know where the Enterprise Architecture adds value. You maintain our global application inventory and ensure actions taken for it to remain in compliance with policies and procedure.
But – more importantly – you ensure the collaborative partnering with IT peers and business partners to identify areas subject to simplicity and optimization. You put together the existing technologies and processes to create a seamless environment that contributes the digital transformation journey that DRC is going through. You guide on technology choices consistent with our focus on adopting Microsoft product where possible. Further, you do not fear having innovation and creativity in establishing and maintaining our global application landscape. No policy has ever created a valuable Enterprise Architecture deliverable. You are a partner to the DRC and the people in it.
All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence, and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- An academic degree (bachelor or master)
- 5 years of professional experience in the role of Enterprise Architect
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Show strong and inclusive interpersonal skills
- Expert level understanding of Microsoft product suite
- Deep IT process knowledge
- Ability to communicate clearly with all stakeholders
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in global and cross functional teams
- Knowledge of French and/or Danish.
A great physical workplace in central Copenhagen easily accessible by public transport. While we trust that meeting physically strengthens common culture, innovation power, relationships and collaboration, we offer the opportunity to flexibly work from home when the tasks do not require presence in the office. We are a global organisation where virtual is the norm.
- Contract length: Permanent
- Workplace: Borgergade 10, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Start date: When the right candidate is identified
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with agreement between the Danish Confederation of Professional Associates (AC-organisationerne) and the Danish Refugee Council. The position is at “specialkonsulent”/”Senior consultant” level. This is contractually a national position for which local Danish terms and conditions apply.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo.
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2022. Due to the urgency in filling this role, we will conduct interviews on a running basis.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Birger Erichsen, Head of IT Service & Operations.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Job Description: Click Here