Finance and Administrative Officer in Kharkiv: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine for more than 10 years with emergency and durable solution interventions for assisting IDPs, returnees, Host communities, and conflict-affected populations. With the outbreak of the conflict in February 2022, DRC has shifted its programming to emergency response to meet the urgent needs of conflict-affected population in the country. Current DRC programming is focusing on protection activities such as protection monitoring, information dissemination, Individual protection assistance, and legal aid. DRC is also planning to add to the ongoing emergency protection response activities such as GBV prevention and response, Psychosocial support (PSS), and community-based protection.
DRC Ukraine is looking for a highly qualified Finance and AdministrativeOfficer for the office based in Kharkiv. This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations. Duty station in Kharkiv with possible travel to field locations and Dnipro.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Prepare payments made in cash, by check or via bank transfers in the existing DRC forms called Payment Requests;
- Maintain the cashbox, currency exchange, cash count, work with cash in secure and confidential manner;
- Prepare the request for money to be transfer to the bank account;
- Ensure to update Expense Journals in Dynamics and Cashbooks in Excel on a daily basis to reflect the actual status of existing cash count and bank balance in all currencies;
- Submit Bank statements and signed Cash Counts and Cash Books to HoSS/Finance Manager before the 5th of each calendar month;
- Ensure that advances and deposits are issued based on Country Director/direct supervisor approval and is settled within 4 weeks after expenses had been occurred;
- Assist with audit in each project per request from AFAM;
- Ensure usage of relevant budget line and project when cost booking takes place;
- Ensure month end accounting is carried out including cash counts and bank reconciliation are on a timely manner;
- Validate and sign Purchase Requisitions and Request for Payments from Finance side;
- Ensure that the cost description in the journals and cashbook and that the quality of the journals and cashbook overall meets the DRC internal guidelines;
- Ensure proper filing system for financial documents;
- Ensure accounting entries are made in line with DRC internal guidelines and Ukrainian legislation accurately and timely by reviewing and approving journals before their postings;
- Ensure that scanned vouchers are sent to HoSS on a monthly basis;
- Review documents and ensure costs are coded to correct budget codes and ensure costs will be incurred in line with budget available;
- Jointly with AFAM to fill in (make forecast) and follow Consolidate budget table (The FILE) for Area (projects/BLs);
- Check log sheets and fuel-calculation forms provided by Supply Chain unit, provide fuel-advances and fuel reimbursement;
- Full supervision of contracts in the Base: checking agreements, validating reports, accompanying Program staff in field visits;
- Actively take part in harmonization of operational work: sharing with ideas, creating tools, updating guidance etc;
- Providing other finance support in Base office if needed;
- Budget monitoring and forecasting – review budget spending and consolidate information required to prepare forecast;
- Ensure support cost are allocated (fuel, salaries, rent etc.) based on accountable cost drives backed with relevant supporting documents.
- Organize and ensure administrative tasks – contract management of premises, office supplies, delivery of the documents, archiving documents (scanning, storing are done efficiently);
- Control the arrangements of transport and accommodation for visitors – hotels booking and train tickets;
- Coordinate the arrangements of trainings/meetings – renting of training halls, stationery;
- Work effectively with Supply Chain and program staff in procuring supplies (program/office supplies, stationery, movement etc.) and services (utilities) as needed in a timely manner;
- Other tasks as requested by Base Manager.
- We expect you to have at least 2 years of experience in experience in Finance and Administration area.
- University degree in the related field or equivalent (Finance, Labor Economy, HR-Management, Personnel Management).
- Experience of work in INGO.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian and Russian languages.
- Intermediate or Advanced English (speaking/reading/writing)
- Speech, couch and communication skills.
- Advanced organizational skills.
- Accuracy in paper work.
- Competence to keep negotiations.
- Finance literacy.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Level: H – Non-manager.
- Start date: as soon as possible.
- The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
- Contract length: 3 months contract renewable depending on performance and funding.
- Designation of Duty Stations: Kharkiv.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
- Medical and Health Insurance.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications:19/04/ 2023.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Job Description: Click Here