Finance Assistant (Readvertised) in Warsaw: Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Finance Assistant to be based in Warsaw, Poland.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a leading protection agency with a mandate to promote and protect durable solutions to conflict and displacement-affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC is implementing a multi-sector response to support Ukraine refugees, IDPs, and host populations both within Ukraine and in the neighboring countries of Poland, Romania and Moldova, and wider Europe. Since late February 2022, nearly 4 million Ukrainians and third-country nationals have crossed the border to Poland. As part of its neighboring countries’ response, DRC is establishing an operational presence in Poland to support displaced populations through partnership with civil society organizations and national NGOs, duty bearers, and other actors.
About the Job
As Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures. The main responsibilities of the position will be as follows:
- Archive financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, bank statements)
- Preparing and providing voucher scans and other scans of financial documentation to the accounting agency. This is on an ongoing basis but requires clearing the backlog since July 22
- Compiling per diem documentation for payroll provider for the tax and social insurance calculation
- Preparing the financial documentation for audits (scanning of vouchers, etc)
- Preparing requests for payments for the Warsaw office
- Assistance for statutory reporting (uploading the statutory reports on a platform, assistance in setting up electronic signatures for the DRC management board e-puap, etc)
- Preparing financial data for different stakeholders on request
- Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.)
- Correctly use DRC Dynamics functionalities in area of concern
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
• Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
• Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a minimum of 1 year of relevant, proven work experience in accounting, finance, or administration. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
- Experience with carrying out admin tasks
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Basic proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills in order to meet deadlines
- NGO experience
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in Polish language
Contract type: National (local) staff contract
Contract duration: until 31.12.2023, open to extension depending on availability of funding
Band: Non-Management, I
Base Salary: from 7505 to 9585 PLN gross per month, based on experience
Duty base: Warsaw
Start date: ASAP
We offer a competitive salary and benefits in accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Applicants must already possess the legal right to live and work in Poland at the time of the application. DRC will not sponsor visas.
Closing date for applications: March 29th, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we, therefore, encourage you to apply as soon as possible. For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
Job Description: Click Here