Finance Manager in Kyiv: Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has been operating in Ukraine since 2014 and is currently scaling up its operation in Ukraine to deliver lifesaving assistance and emergency response to people affected by the war.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Finance Manager’s overall purpose is to lead and manage DRC’s Finance and Accounting team in Ukraine providing overall advice, coordination and management ensuring efficient support to the program teams in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures.
People Management and Coordination
- Lead and manage the finance team (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Support the development and implementation of financial management capacity building of staff
- Perform technical oversight of financial teams in the areas
- Ensure rightsizing of finance and accounting teams in the areas to adequately support program implementation.
- Review DRC Ukraine’s current financial oversight systems including master budget, allocation tables and BFUs. Identify areas of improvement and gaps and develop adjusted systems in coordination with HOSS, Head of Operations and Country Director.
- Develop and roll out SOPs across 9 offices in Ukraine on the revised financial oversight process ensuring that budget holders can be held fully accountable and follow up and coordinate implementation.
- Provide training across offices on new process and coordinate regular/recurrent trainings and onboarding of relevant staff.
- Support in the development of new budget proposal processes that are linked to the master budget’s budget categories and allow for better tracking of expenditures.
- Ensure Mater Budget is set up and regularly maintained.
- Ensure timely delivery of quality financial reports to donors and internal reports to colleagues and HQ.
- Lead proposal budgeting process with relevant stakeholders and ensure timely submission to donors
- Ensure thorough and effective budgetary control in the country programs.
- Identify areas to simplify existing processes, ensuring compliance with country legislation as well as donor requirements.
- Ensure smooth liquidity process across the country.
- Ensure fare, consistent, transparent allocation of shared cost and adequate utilization of donor budgets.
- Lead budget management process across the country
- Ensure supporting documentation is adequately stored and readily available for audit reviews
- Ensure timely satisfaction of audit queries.
DRC Dynamics ERP system
- Ensure DRC Dynamics is used to its full capacity.
- Ensure proper application of ERP finance processes in the country.
- Apply reports and data analytics from ERP system to improve performance in the country.
- Ensure that Country ERP support is in place (i.e. super users).
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 5 years’ international experience in a senior financial management position
- At least 3 years’ experience with people management
- Proven experience in managing large budgets from various donors.
- Proven leadership skills and a competence in people management
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training.
- Proven experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities.
- Working experience with relevant donors (e.g. UNHCR, ECHO, GiZ, UNICEF, UHF, OFDA, WFP, DFID or BPRM guidelines)
- Previous experience with an ERP is required, preferably working experience with Microsoft Dynamics.
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Previous experience writing and implementing SOPs on financial processes.
- Excellent excel skills and ability to train staff on excel is required.
University degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce/Business Administration
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian an added value
Contract length: 12 months
Band: F – Manager
Designation of Duty Station: Kyiv / Non-family duty station
Start date: May 2023
Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for international staff or DRC National Staff salary scale.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 18 April 2023
Job Description: Click Here