Grants Management Specialist in Kabul: The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future.
We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Grants Management Specialist (Partnerships) is a key member of DRC Afghanistan’s Programme Support Unit (PSU) and assumes responsibility over the efficient management of partnerships across the grants cycle and in line with the Operational Handbook Guidelines.
Working with the Grants Management Manager, the Grants Management Specialist (Partnerships) is responsible for contributing to DRC Afghanistan Partnerships Strategy. In line with the strategy, the Grants Management Specialist (Partnerships) oversees the identification of relevant partners and coordination of due diligence process. During project design and joint fundraising, the Grants Management Specialist (Partnerships) is responsible for coordinating with partners for timely inputs in projects’ concept notes, proposals, and budgets, as well as for the development of teaming agreements and sub-grant agreements. During projects’ implementation, the Grants Management Specialist (Partnerships) coordinates with partners for all grants management-related tasks, from reporting to projects’ revisions, and for the provision of relevant capacity building support.
- Contribute to the development and updating of DRC Afghanistan Partnership Strategy, alongside the Grants Management Manager
- Lead on the identification of potential partners, keeping an updated mapping of national and international organizations including profile and areas of interest for strategic partnerships with DRC
- Lead on the due diligence process and partnership capacity assessment to local implementing partners
- Contribute to the identification of joint fundraising opportunities, in line with DRC Afghanistan Strategic Plan, the Partnership Strategy and partners’ interests and areas of focus
- Coordinate with partners during collaborative project design and fundraising, including by ensuring that coherent and comprehensive inputs for concept notes, proposals, and budgets are provided in a timely manner
- Ensure streamlined and clear communication between all departments (finance, program, and area operations) in the drafting of budgets.
- Coordinate between partners and DRC MEAL unit for the development of strong logical frameworks, monitoring & evaluation plans, and tools that are in line with the logic of intervention and clearly described within each proposal.
- Lead on the development of sub-grant agreement and management of sub-grants to DRC national and international partners
- Coordinate with DRC Risk and Compliance Unit to facilitate joint projects’ registration with relevant line ministries
- Coordinate regular joint Grants Management Meetings with partners as per agreed schedule and follow up on action points to ensure their timely and effective completion
- Ensure efficient coordination with partners during project implementation, including by ensuring that high-quality narrative and financial reports are duly submitted, challenges in implementation are timely escalated and jointly addressed, for example through the submission of project revisions
- Provide guidance to partners on donor and DRC rules, regulations, and guidelines and raise issues affecting external/ internal compliance Oversee grant management processes, including proposal amendments, grant extensions, etc.
- Ensure quality information management related to partnerships (including managing the DRC Grants Management System (GMS) and in-country documentation and trackers) and promote timely and efficient communication to all relevant focal points regarding important Grant information impacting implementation, including any amendment to scope of the intervention, budget and targets.
- Lead on the design of capacity building plans and ensure effective coordination with relevant departments and external service providers for the provision of relevant capacity building support as per agreed plans
- Act as a focal point between the Afghanistan Country Office and DRC Partnerships Grants Management units in HQ
- Ensure regular field visits to partners for follow up, capacity support, and to promote internal monitoring and compliance to DRC and donors’ rules
- Coordinate with partners for the regular gathering of information and inputs to contribute to DRC Afghanistan media and communication products
- Act as Project Manager for ACBAR Twinning Project, including development of and follow up on joint action plan with DRC partner, ensure timely completion of all project’s deliverables, and successful submission of all reporting requirements.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- At least 5 years professional work experience in NGOs;
- Experience with grants and partnerships management, and government registration/reporting
- Experience with portfolio management and inter-departmental coordination.
- University degree in organizational development, International relations, business administration, education, humanitarian affairs, public and social policy or related field(s);
- Strong writing and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in written and spoken English;
- Dari and Pashto.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and undertake a proactive approach.
- Detailed-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale.
- Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the Apply button below. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Job Description: Click Here