HDP Operations Support Officer in Kabul: The Danish Refugee Councilassists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, and participation.
ABOUT THE JOB
The overall purpose of the role:
The position’s overall goal is to provide support to the Operations Manager in his day-to-day responsibilities. This support will be related to administrational tasks, coordination tasks (inside HDP and with support services), and other ad-hoc support assignments.
Reporting to the DRC HDP Operations Manager (OM) the Operations Support Officer will closely work with the HMA Technical Advisor (TA), Mechanical Technical Advisor, Area Managers (AMs), Regional Mine Action Managers (RMAMs), other HMA technical counterparts and DRC units.
- Raising online and offline PRs related to HDP procurement requirements.
- Assist the program with the Pashto and Dari translation of HMA standards, TMPs, and other relevant documents.
- Provide translation during technical training provided by English speakers.
- Together with Supply Chain, maintain an overview of HDP warehouse stock and assets and provide input to OM in terms of budgeting/purchasing of items running low in the stock.
- Ensure that all demining equipment, vehicles, PPE, uniforms, explosives, and other equipment are in good working order and are stored appropriately in the Kabul warehouse.
- Participate in committees and technical evaluations related to procurement processes.
- Together with Supply Chain, follow up on ROs and ensure shipment of equipment to field locations.
- Ensures that all demining vehicles, such as troop carriers, trucks, and ambulances, as well as other equipment designated for field operations, are in working order before being shipped to field locations.
- On a monthly basis verify the HDP staff database and personal files including insurance cards, ID cards, medical checks, certificates, training records, etc.
- Facilitate travel (road/air) of project personnel for field visits.
- Support logistics during HDP technical training
- Organize meetings (refreshments, booking room, calendar invitation, etc.), record minutes, and ensure follow-up on agreed action points.
- Improve and maintain the online HDP document library (OPS Meeting minutes/actions, Monthly AO meetings minutes/actions, TIPs, FRAs, TMPs, mission reports, etc.)
- Follow up with MAMs to ensure their submission of monthly work plans to the OM.
- Track implementation of action points from field mission reports facilitating followed-up.
- Assist in creating standard documents such as process maps, organograms, charts, etc.
- Attend external meetings as instructed by the OM.
- Support the OM to establish and maintain the accreditation process for starting projects, SOPs, and TMPs by DMAC.
- Facilitate printing and distribution of updated SOPs, handbooks, and other standards.
- Preparation of PowerPoint presentation for the program tasked by OM/HoHDP when required.
- Assist OM in coordinating with finance, human resources, supply chain, and others at the national and regional levels.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by Operations Manager.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Basic knowledge of information management systems.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel.
- Experience working in an (I)NGO or UN agency.
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English and excellent translation (verbal/written) to Pashto and Dari.
- Strong administration and organizational skills.
- Preferrable a bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or alternatively a High School diploma
- Working experience in humanitarian mine action programs
- GIS knowledge
- Good understanding of HMA standards (International, National, SOP), Land Release methodologies, and EOD procedures.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment.
- High School
- English language diploma
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in Pashto and Dari is a distinct asset.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Job Description: Click Here