Human Resource and Administration Officer (Readvertise) in Dollo Ado: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009.
With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
- Title: Human Resource and Administration Officer (Readvertized)
- Location: Dollo Ado
- Employment Category: H2
- Reporting To: Area Manager
- Posting date: March 27, 2023,
- Required Employee: 1
- Salary: USD 540.00 to USD 656.00 based on you work experience and educational qualification.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The HR Officer is expected to provide support to the HR Unit in the following activities:
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
Recruitment and Personnel Administration
- Assist in the recruitment process ensuring compliance to hiring procedures as outlined in the HR manual.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of DRC HR policies and ensure adherence to it.
- Ensure personnel files are complete and accurate assuring adherence to highest level of confidentiality.
- Maintain updated Job description database
- Handle and facilitate the national staff recruitment process.
- Makes internal and/or external announcement of vacancies as required by different offices in DRC;
- Assist the hiring managers by longlisting the applicants as per the criteria set by the organization and send the longlist to the hiring manager; contacting the selected candidates for interview and written exam, facilitate and handle the written exams in Dolo in coordination with CO HR.
- Maintain tracking system of the recruitment process and compile weekly and weekly recruitment status report.
- Make sure that objective is set for the newly hired staff in the first week of their recruitment for their probation period. Follow up with the hiring manager to make sure that all the newly hired staff are evaluated for their probation period one week in advance of the end of their probation period.
- Make sure that all newly hired staff get proper orientation in the Dolo or coordinate with the CO to make sure that all newly hired staff get proper orientation.
- Follow up with all Dolo and Departments regarding the contract extension of all staff members before two weeks in advance of the expiration of the contract and request them to advise us on the next action.
- Oversee leave management; maintain leave tracking; ensuring complete documentation for all staff movement in the Dolo Office.
- Checks the fulfilment of all employment formalities, the required documents and make sure that the Jijiga has sound documentation system;
- Follows up on the submission of accurate timesheets from all staff in DRC Dolo and ensures accuracy of basic personnel data before payment is effected;
- Ensures that all staff are insured when they first join the organization, sends the updates of any changes that affect our insurance policy like salary increment, resignation, the status of the staff, etc;
- Handles all insurance related issues of staff in a very organized and professional manner;
- Keeps records of different leave requests centrally in Addis Ababa, provides this information to the staff, the management and to any other concerned stakeholders upon request;
- Records and updates salaries and allowances, transfers, promotions completion of probation; termination of service, etc. of staff on personnel files and computer data bases in coordination with CO HR;
- Organize orientation to the newly hired staff.
- Make sure that all newly hired staff have got DRC ID; follow up the contract renewal of ID Printing Service Providers, manage the contract.
- Make sure that all staff in DRC Jijiga have been registered in the government pension scheme and keep the record in the personal file.
- Provide professional advice to project managers on a range of HR issues.
- Compile HR related reports as required.
- Act as focal point on all issues related HR policies, and educate staff on policies through staff meetings in the FO.
- Any other assignments as instructed by the immediate supervisor
Management of HR processes: –
- Provide professional advice to project managers on a range of HR issues
- Ensure the performance management system is implemented on time.
- Assist in development of annual staff development plan
- Compile monthly report for submission to the finance and Administration coordinator
- Ensure timely payment of office rent and utilities
- Ensure all office utilities and infrastructures are appropriate, safe and functioning (i.e. generator, security system, health and safety. communication & internets, photocopies etc)
- Oversee all aspects of maintaining the DRC office inform the logistics of any repairs and /or service as required
- Manage the support staff (office cleaner and cooks, Guards)
Guest house and DRC – leased houses management
- Oversee all aspect of maintaining the DRC guest house and DRC leased houses
- Ensure rentals and all utilities are paid on timely basis
- Ensure all utilities and amenities are functioning at all times
- Act as focal point with landlords/property managers on day – to – day basis as necessary
- Make periodic visits to the guest house to check on status, and advise logistics as necessary
Salary & Benefits
- Process statutory payment and ensure monthly and annual returns are submitted on timely basis.
- Timely enrolment of staff in to insurance benefits package. Assuring staff list is current at all times
- Monitor expiry of staff contract and advice AM/finance & Admin Coordinator on timely basis
- Maintain a s knowledge of HR policies and ain leave tracking ensure employee adherence.
- The recruitment processes ensuring compliance to hiring procedures as outlined in the HR & Administration manual.
- Facilitate recruitment processes by posting job adverts, collect applications from applicants, administering tests; verifying prior employment by contacting references; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and information.
- Welcomes new employees to the organization by conducting induction and orientation.
- Maintain recruitment tracking system and compile monthly report on recruitment.
- Maintain updated job description database.
- Oversee leave and R&R management, maintain leave tracking ensuring complete documentation for all staff movement.
- Ensure the performance management system is implemented and completed on time.
- Assist in development of annual staff development plan.
Administration and Office Management:
- Provides office management secretarial tasks by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work schedules of support staff; maintaining equipment and office supplies.
- Responsible for setting appointments, arranging meetings, maintaining calendars, copying files, entering data into computer systems.
- Assure staff living conditions are comfortable and make recommendations for improvement as necessary.
- Oversee administration tasks related to housing and office management.
- Maintain travel documents and arrange accommodation airport pic up and drop for guests.
- Supervise the housekeeping and catering staff.
- Any other job as assigned by the line manager\
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master
DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- 4 years’ experience for Diploma or above 2-years’ experience for BA holders
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Experience in working in NGOs
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages.
EDUCATION: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
- Diploma or BA in Human Resource Management or other relevant fields.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Somali Language have an advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=167675&DepartmentId=19012&SkipAdvertisement=true under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than April 10, 2023.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender-gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
Job Description: Click Here