Human Resources and Admin Officer in Nangarhar: TheDanish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty, and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The HR/Admin Officer, under Support Service Team Leader, Line supervisory, and under HR/ Admin Manager Technical supervisory operates as an Area/Field HR focal/point of the contact person.
The main objective of the HR/Admin Officer is to ensure effective service delivery in the Area Office. The Area Manager and HR Manager will work closely with the HR/Admin Officer and support the implementation of HR services.
HR/Admin Officer is involved with nearly all programs and services that relate to an organization’s human resources. Their work, which is often decidedly administrative in nature, involves documenting grievances, terminations, absences, performance reports, and compensation and benefits information.
- Understand standard HR practices, policies, and procedures, take primary responsibility to run the HR functions according to the DRC-DDG Operations Handbook.
- Ensure the presence of up-to-date HR documentation and recordkeeping to ensure effective administration and information management.
- Collect HR documents and forms from newly hired employees and file the documents as required.
- Ensure new team member receives the required equipment (computer, phone, desk, email addresses, Identity cards, etc.) on 1st day of reporting.
- Induction/onboarding; In liaison with other departments, arrange for onboarding for all newly recruited staff in their first week as per set guidelines.
- Implement policies on issues like working conditions, performance, equal opportunity, and disciplinary process.
- Produce and maintain updated HR and personnel files and regularly update them in soft and hard copies.
- Scan HR-related documents and archive them electronically in an organized manner.
- Ensuring good records of staff attendance sheets, and leave request forms, and tracking staff attendance and leave records.
- Review monthly timesheets, and scan and file them electronically.
- Ensure that all staff goes through a proper exit process including handover notes, completing the clearance form, completing the online exit interview form, and the exiting debriefs with the line manager and update the HR Department on all exiting staff for payroll updating.
- Support DRC-DDG Mechanism to receive information or complaints on misconduct and breach of code of conduct.
- Taking record of incoming and outgoing correspondences and registering them
- Office management and making sure the office environment and guest houses look neat and professional
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the supervisor relevant to the capacity and role.
To maintain good record of HR files such as:
- Organized filling system (Personal files, Attendance tracking, Leave management/record, timesheets, etc.).
- Systematic onboarding of all new staff
- Scanning and Archiving (Hard and Soft copies)
- Supporting the Payroll process
- Providing HR assistance
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- University degree with a focus on business administration and/or human resources management, or a similar field.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dari/Pashto.
- Basic computer literacy in MS Office packages.
- Well-organized and proactive approach to work
- Highly motivated for his/her professional and academic improvement.
- Professionally understand (read and write) Pashto and Dari.
- Excellent understanding of English (Communication and writing skills)
- At least two years of work experience in professional settings.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience working in multicultural work settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Job Description: Click Here