Humanitarian Mine Action Team Member in Basrah: Overall purpose of the role: As DRC IRAQ – HMA Team Member Your main role is to carry out any task giving to you by the Team Leader/Supervisor or detailed in DRC – HDP SOP’s
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Execution of BAC / EOD tasks assigned by your Team Leader.
- Conduct EOD / BAC in accordance with the DRC Standard Operating Procedures. You are directly responsible for the safety of yourself and others in your working area.
- Conform to IMAS.
- Constantly gathering further information about your current site and other priority tasks within your area of operations and inform your Team Leader accordingly.
- Ensure the security of all equipment assigned to you by your Team Leader.
- Personally check the serviceability of the equipment assigned to you by your Team Leader.
- Carry out inspections of all equipment at regular intervals (at least weekly).
- Report any shortcomings or broken equipment to your Team Leader immediately for re-supply or investigation.
- You have high standards of conduct whilst working for DDG.
- Comply with DRC SOP’s / IMAS whilst working for DRC – HDP.
- Be respectful to your Team Leader / Site Supervisor and fellow Operators.
- Report to your Team Leader for work assignments.
- Report completion of work assignments to your Team Leader, personnel attendance, disciplinary issues, logistical issues, and security information to your Team Leader.
- Report any fault / failure of equipment to your Team Leader.
- Report any loss of equipment to your team leader.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Team lead management.
- Good knowledge about the diversity & Gander
- Good knowledge of risk management operations in the field of mine clearance
- Good experience with disciplinary issues
- Good experience with writing report (monthly,)
- Arabic – Native
- English – Basic
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Ops Team in the felid
- Basra PM
- Governmental Emergency Centers (Police, Ambulance, firefighters … etc.
Diversity & Inclusion: DRC Iraq is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment according to our Age, Gender, and Diversity approach (AGD). We aim to have a more diversified leadership structure creating opportunities for qualified women to take on managerial roles. We also continuously work to make our workplace more accessible for persons with specific needs. We offer benefits related to psychosocial support, health insurance, maternity and paternity leave, child sick leave, and lactation breaks. As part of our commitment to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion, we strongly encourage applications from female candidates, persons living with disabilities, as well as representatives of minorities.
Job Description: Click Here