Knowledge Management Coordinator: Organisation of Educational Cooperation (OEC) invites application for the qualified and experienced candidates for position of Knowledge Management Coordinator.
- Duration: Indeterminate appointment
- Experience: 5-9 years
The Organisation of Educational Cooperation (OEC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”. Read more…
Under the overall authority of the Secretary-General, and the guidance of the Special Advisor to the Secretary-General for Institutional Learning and Knowledge Management, the Knowledge Management Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating and taking the lead in organizing knowledge products and processes through the collection, curation and dissemination of knowledge products to staff and OEC partners where necessary.
Through the guidance of the Special Advisor, s/he ensures that there is an active systemic identification and gathering of relevant materials for storage in OEC and gives access to these materials to staff in hard copy and electronically. The incumbent will set up an intranet and manage its operation on a daily basis. The incumbent works with all departments in selecting the relevant materials to be included in the intranet and the OEC knowledge repository. The coordinator works closely with the Department of Research, Evaluation and Foresight (REEF) to identify knowledge sources, curate them and distribute them accordingly. The incumbent will also work closely with the Department of Technology Innovation and Digitization Enhancement (TIDE) and the OEC Institute as well as the Human Resources Engagement (HRE).
- Take the lead in implementing the KM Strategy under the guidance of the Special Advisor;
- Setup, organize and manage OEC’s intranet;
- Plan, coordinate and take the lead in organizing the collection, curation and dissemination of the knowledge products;
- Identifies, acquires, stores and distributes knowledge materials to staff;
- Coordinates with departments on the newly available knowledge sources and help with the identification of the right staff for the course;
- Take the lead in digitizing the knowledge products in OEC’s depository;
- Organizing, in coordination with the OEC Institute, training programmes for member states representatives on knowledge management;
- Identifies relevant online knowledge products that are of use to staff and OEC’s partners;
- Undertake any other assignment given by the Special Advisor.
- Strong, proven analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and cross-cultural communication skills with a proven track record;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong methodical, systemic, and strategic thinking skills;
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to be discreet and to compartmentalise confidential information;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner;
- Ability to withstand and work effectively within stressful situations.
- At least 8 years of work experience in organizing knowledge management collection, curation and dissemination in a national or international organisation;
- Advanced university degrees in social sciences or other related areas;
- Specialized training in knowledge management is a distinct advantage.
Candidate must be fluent in English. An additional knowledge of one or more other official languages (French, Arabic, Spanish) is a distinct advantage.
Send your Resume and Cover Letter to:
- Subject: Job Title
This position is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and open to international applicants. (Applications from South America and Asia Pacific are highly encouraged).
Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.
Job Description: Click Here