Manual Mine Clearance Team Leader in Jalalabad: The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty, and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The MMC Team Leader (TL) will manage Clearance Sections (CS), MDU, and Technical Surveys on operational sites. He supervises the site operations activities, He/she reports to Operation Officer (OO).
He shall responsible as below:
- Provide the Section Leaders (SL) with task reports and site clearance plan.
- Direct supervision of all Clearance Sections (CS), Mechanical Demining Unite (MDU) in an operational site.
- Be aware of the security alerts and evacuation routes in case of security collapse in the area of operations. Establish an evacuation plan.
- Be responsible for explosives storekeeping, inventory transportation and safety.
- Shall be responsible for overall communications within team staff at the operational site and during traveling via HF, VHF, or secondary communication (satellite phone/mobile phone) in accordance with DRC HDP communication SOP.
- Shall be responsible to provide an on-time report to the relevant radio room/operator in the bellow matters/timing:
- When the team departs from the camp/office in the morning
- When the team arrived at the operation site
- When the team starts the operation
- When the team has EO demolitions (start and end of demolition)
- When the team end of operation at the site
- When the team leaves the operation site
- When the team arrives at the camp/office
- When the team has a medical evacuation exercise/drill in the task site, (before, during, and end)
- When the team has accident/incident
- These all-mentioned reporting shall register in the team communication logbook and keep it in the ambulance, the TL can task a member of the team to do this reporting and registration process.
- Organize handover ceremony of the completed tasks in consultation of the Operation Officer.
- Control quality and quantity of work in the field and make sure that all the activities are according to the target plan and SOP.
- Maintain a good discipline within the team/sections in field and compound
- Prepare monthly/weekly progress- and completion reports for the Operator Officer
- Do the planning and coordination between the sections on the work site.
- Prepare and execute maintenance plan and revision refresh training according to the instructions by the Operation Officer.
- Be responsible for the attendance sheet of team members and report to HQ daily.
- Brief provide and assist QA/QC process that conducting by the QA officer during the QA inspection
- Attend the coordination meetings and other meetings in the field office and as per direction of (OO).
- Responsible for the field camp management, security guards, cook, and cleaners in the field camp.
- Assist the Section Leader (SL) in preparation of maps and drawing of sketch maps of BF and MF.
- Control the working condition of equipment of the team/sections for any damages and see to replacements if necessary.
- Undertake any other tasks as ordered by the Operation Officer.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- 3 years’ experience in the mine action program (Procedures, EOR and Survey)
- 2 years’ TL experience in BAC, EOD, and clearance operation
- High school (Certificate is attached)
- TL course
- Technical Survey course
- EOD leave -2 &3 course.
- Basic management course
- Pashto and Dari –fluency
- English – basic
- Contract length: to 31st of December 2023 with the possibility of Extension.
- Band: NMJ
- Designation of Duty Station: Area Office East – Jalalabad
- DRC has Flexible working hours for Females staff as per DRC Policy.
- 13th month’s salary Will be paid by end of each month with salary.
- Top-up credit card as per office regulations.
- 1+1 Health Insurance will be provided by DRC.
- Eid Bonus.
- DRC provide Transport allowance/ Transportation Facilities for female and people with disability.
- DRC Provides kindergarten/ Day Care allowance for max 2 children – Applicable to female mothers.
- Per diem allowance for employee and her Mahram – Applicable for female
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below Apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Job Description: Click Here