MMC Team Section Leader in Jalalabad: The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunities for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home. The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, honesty, and transparency.
ABOUT THE JOB
The overall purpose of the role is to manage all staff in a clearance section, with strict adherence to DRC-HDP SOPs, safety at work, and achievement of required levels of productivity during daily work hours.
- Handling, maintenance, and fault reporting of the equipment issued to his TL.
- Supervise the members of his section including paramedics and support staff.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out as specified in DRC-HDP SOPs.
- Conduct quality assurance/quality checks as per the described in QA / QC SOP.
- Collate clearance technical information at the end of each working day in MF/BF and submit it at the end of each week to TL.
- Conduct a technical survey in the MF/BF when starting the task with the help of TL.
- Report daily work achievements, results, and concerns to the TL, and in his absence, to the Site operation officer.
- Discipline the members of his section including the paramedic and support staff.
- Manage his staff at the work site and in the compound.
- Undertake any tasks related to site operation and camp management by TL.
To be successful in this role you must have:
Experience and technical competencies:
- 2 years experience in the mine action program
- 1 year’s experience in EOD and clearance operation as a deminer/operator
- One year of SL experience
- High school (Certificate is attached)
- TL/Section leader course
- De-miner course
- EOD-level-2 qualify.
- Technical survey
- Pashto and Dari –fluency
- English – basic
- Contract length: to 31st of December 2023 with the possibility of Extension.
- Band: NMJ
- Designation of Duty Station: Area Office East – Jalalabad
- DRC has Flexible working hours for Females staff as per DRC Policy.
- 13th month’s salary Will be paid by end of each month with salary.
- Top-up credit card as per office regulations.
- 1+1 Health Insurance will be provided by DRC.
- Eid Bonus.
- DRC provide Transport allowance/ Transportation Facilities for female and people with disability.
- DRC Provides kindergarten/ Day Care allowance for max 2 children – Applicable to female mothers.
- Per diem allowance for employee and her Mahram – Applicable for female
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the DRC salary scale.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking the below Apply button. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV-only applications will not be considered.
Note: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Job Description: Click Here