Project Assistant in Kharkiv: Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs working in 40 countries worldwide, is currently looking for a highly qualified Project Assistant (Shelter and Settlement) for Kharkiv and Mykolaiv Offices.
Overall purpose of the role:
DRC has been operating in Ukraine for more than 10 years with emergency and durable solution interventions for assisting IDPs, returnees, Host communities, and conflict-affected populations. With the outbreak of the conflict in February 2022, DRC has shifted its programming to emergency response to meet the urgent needs of conflict-affected population in the country. Current DRC programming is focusing on protection activities such as protection monitoring, information dissemination, Individual protection assistance, and legal aid.
In addition to protection programming, DRC is currently implementing Multipurpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), NFI and Food distributions, Shelter & WASH interventions, and Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Demining and Explosive Ordnance Risk Education. The organization counts with 7 offices in the country.
About the job:
The Shelter Assistant supports the Shelter Team for a smooth running of the administrative issues. The job holder is responsible for the timely and adequate execution of all administrative operations related to the projects implemented by the Shelter Department and ensures the communication between Superior and other DRC departments, Contractors, local authorities etc.
- Assist in getting all legal documents and agreements in order to start and continue the implementation
- Organize, file and protect all beneficiary data both in the field and in the office
- Collect and process data/documentation/information from the field staff.
- Filing of outgoing and incoming correspondence, documentations, reports, minutes of meetings, etc.
- Work directly with beneficiaries to collect all necessary documentation required and facilitate the signing of agreements
Maintain daily technical project records and update regular information in the Project database
- Mantain beneficiary data bases online
- Prepare any correspondence regarding beneficiary feedbacks, maintenance activities etc.
- Drafting minutes of meetings and distribution
- Provide technical administrative support to all shelter activities
- Support in reporting activities.
- Report on status, progress and type of activities per donor
Programming & Operations
- Assist in technical processes with DRC supporting departments as the procurement unit
- Support and assist the shelter team in their daily work in technical and non-technical tasks
- Perform other technical administrative task
- Support the superior in arranging and executing meetings, workshops etc.
- Assist to liaise with all involved actors in the field of shelter
Required experience and competencies
- Minimum 1 years of professional experience in the field of humanitarian response for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Experience in administrative and support tasks
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Skills in GIS software and AutoCAD are an asset
- Good communication and writing skills
- Ability to perform multi-tasks
- Experience in Shelter sector, desirable
- Education, vocational training in the field of business administration or similar
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering or another relevant field is an assett
- Designation of Duty Stations: Mykolaiv and Kharkiv
- Start date: As soon as possible.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 23th of April, 2023
Job Description: Click Here