Regional Human Resources Specialist in Amman: The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation.
About the job
This role has a regional focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within Jordan, Iraq, Turkey, Lebanon, Syria, Yemen country offices and Middle East Regional Office (MERO). The role contributes to the development of regional strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing activities with regional scope.
• Functions as a specialist in Human Resources within the ME region
• Provide overall advice, coordination, and support to Human Resources staff in the region
• Ensure efficient support to the program in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment, development and people planning
• Drive and support recruitment and selection activities ensuring compliance with recruitment process
• Work with senior management team and senior staff on new staff retention strategies and initiatives
• Ensure proper onboarding process for new staff in regional office
• Ensure oversight and consistency in position titles and grades, across all field locations
• Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue.
Performance, well-being and compensations & benefits
• Proactively respond to and manage performance counseling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues as required, with a focus on building manager competency and ensuring that documentation is kept
• Lead the performance management process
• Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements
• Lead people well-being initiatives
• Define and review salary structure in partnership with the Senior Management team and coordinate annual compensation review process and compensation adjustments
Human Resources Policies and Support
• Maintain and update Staff Human Resources Handbooks as necessary
• Proactively pursue continuous process improvement in Human Resources related practices in order to enhance the quality and efficiency of output/delivery
• Work closely with HQ to share information and provide support as required
• Support implementation of global HR policies and other HR projects in collaboration with HQ HR Partner and RO HR Coordinator
ERP DRC Dynamics System
• Maintain quality of data, perform quality check-up and regular clean-up of data for MERO & Country Offices.
• Support Country Offices with any occurring issues
• Train new users on HR module, and new employees on the self service module for MERO & Country Offices.
Experience and technical competencies:
• Minimum 3 years’ working experience in Human Resources, preferably with at least 2 years in a senior Human Resources role within an NGO preferable in a regional position
• Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes
• Extensive knowledge on local labor laws within the region
• Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
• Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
• Experience using an online system for recruitments and extensive experience working with ERP systems
- BA degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or Social Science Degree specializing in Human Resources
- High proficiency in written and spoken Arabic and English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 1 year (renewable)
Start date: As soon as possible
Duty station: Regional Office in Amman with frequent travel to countries in the region
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council – National Staff salary scale.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 30 March 2023
Recruitment will be on a rolling basis and DRC reserves the right to offer the position to suitable candidate before the deadline).
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo
Job Description: Click Here