Regional Supply Chain Specialist in Dakar: The Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian organizations, is currently seeking a Procurement and Logistics Specialist to build its team of referents in support of the 13 countries in the West and North Africa and Latin America region.
- Position Title: Regional Supply Chain Specialist
- Supervised by: Regional Supply Chain Manager for the WANALA Region
- Duty Station: Dakar, Senegal
- Area of Operation: Region of West Africa, North Africa & Latin America (WANALA Region)
- Employment Period: Until the 31st of December 2023 (with possible extension subject to available funds)
- Type of Contract (Expat/National/Trainee): International Contract
- Salary & Benefits: Non-Management Band G 1
About the job
Under the supervision of the Regional Supply Chain Manager, you will provide support to supply chain activities in the region.
Based in Dakar, your main responsibilities will be to support the Supply Chain teams in the regional office, to review purchasing processes requiring validation by the regional office and to provide technical support to the logistics teams in the 13 countries where DRC operates in the region.
This mission implies travel to the field for up to 50% of the time in the countries of intervention.
You will also participate in the definition of the activity framework of the regional and country logistics teams, the design of monitoring tables and deliverables, their implementation in the countries of the region and participate in the definition of the countries’ Supply Chain strategies in consultation with the country logistics managers and the Regional Supply Chain Manager.
Dynamic and with a strong resistance to stress, you will also visit the countries of intervention on a regular basis to carry out training, punctual support or audit actions.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be :
- Ensure technical support to the logistics teams in the field and the regional office
- Support the implementation of and compliance with procedures:
- Fleet management
- Asset Management
- IT & Communications
- General Services
- Conduct training sessions for support and program teams
- Support the regional Supply Chain team in the review of field deliverables
- Ensure that logistics and supply management tools and support are in place on missions and participate in their regular analysis.
- Guarantee the conformity of the purchase files sent to the regional office for validation
- Participate in the capitalization of all procedures, tools, knowledge related to local and regional markets, commercial contracts, customs regimes, policies, regulations related to the supported countries
- Participate in the implementation of National or Regional tenders and in the updating of procedures
- Coordinate the preparation of data to be integrated into our ERP operating system (DRC Dynamics) to allow for optimal implementation
- Provide operational support on exploratory/opening missionsCoordonner, appuyer et suivre les pays qui mettent en place les nouvelles fonctionnalités du module Supply Chain de l’ERP utilisé au DRC.
- Provide technical support to countries in the use of this ERP (with support from headquarters)
- On request, replace any other member of the regional logistics team for the follow-up of missions.
The success of this mission requires a strong experience in the field of international solidarity and mainly NGOs, experience in procurement management and auditing of files as well as strong interpersonal communication skills. In addition, you must be (or have been):
- Experience as a Logistics Coordinator (at least 2 years)
- Strong knowledge of bidding procedures
- A strong capacity for training
- A strategic vision of the supply chain
- Ability to propose innovative solutions
- A strong rigor in the analysis and reporting of files, experience in auditing strongly appreciated
- A strong knowledge of donor procedures, mainly: ECHO, DFID, OFDA and FFP
- Fluency in French an English
- Experience as a Regional Logistics Referent
- Experience in Logistics / Supply Chain in an NGO (at least 3 years)
- Fluent in Spanish
In this position, you must demonstrate the five core competencies of DRC:
Strive for excellence: focus on achieving results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaboration: involve all relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Take initiative: Take responsibility and initiative while striving for innovation.
Communicating: Listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrate integrity: Act in accordance with the DRC vision and values.
- Contract length: Until 31 December 2023 (with possible extension subject to available funds)
- Profesionnal Category : G1
- Workplace : Dakar
- Unaccompanied position,
- Housing provided in DRC’s Guesthouse, Individual housing not covered
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of employment for civil servants of the Danish Refugee Council; Refer to the website drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
Apply online via this link or on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo. Closing date for applications: 9th of April 2023 (DRC may call for interviews ongoingly).
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Benoit Ravidat, Regional Supply Chain Manager, email@example.com .
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information about the Danish Refugee Council, please visit our website: drc.ngo .
Job Description: Click Here