Shelter Assistant in Kharkiv: Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs working in 40 countries worldwide, is currently looking for a highly qualified Shelter Assistant for Kharkiv Office.
DRC has been operating in Ukraine for more than 10 years with emergency and durable solution interventions for assisting IDPs, returnees, Host communities, and conflict-affected populations. With the outbreak of the conflict in February 2022, DRC has shifted its programming to emergency response to meet the urgent needs of conflict-affected population in the country. Current DRC programming is focusing on protection activities such as protection monitoring, information dissemination, Individual protection assistance, and legal aid.
In addition to protection programming, DRC is currently implementing Multipurpose Cash Assistance (MPCA), NFI and Food distributions, Shelter & WASH interventions, and Economic Recovery, Humanitarian Demining and Explosive Ordnance Risk Education. The organization counts with 7 offices in the country.
Overall purpose of the role
- Assist the Shelter Officer and Team Leader in ensuring the quality of the planning, implementation and follow-up of the shelter activities
- Support and assist the Officers in their daily work in technical and non-technical tasks
- Provide administrative and technical support to the shelter activities
- Maintain daily records and update regular information in the database of project progress and current work
- Prepare documentation on the assistance provided following the requirements of the Ukrainian legislation and DRC procedures.
Shelter Sector responsibilities:
- Monitor all Shelter activities including the day-to-day supervision of partners, contractors and ensure quality control
- Carry out or assist the Officers in technical assessments to elaborate BoQs
- Draft or assist in drafting procurement documents and scope of work related to shelter activities
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
- Provide technical support and inputs on all shelter activities
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
Roles reporting to this position: N/A
Reports to: Shelter Team Leader
Required experience and competencies
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the monitoring and supervision of construction projects, preferably with experience in the field of humanitarian response for an international NGO, UN agency, relevant ministry, or local authority.
- Experience in administrative and support tasks
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Skills in GIS software and AutoCAD are an asset
Designation of Duty Stations: Mykolaiv and Kharkiv
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 23-04-2023
Job Description: Click Here