Staff Safety and Liaison Officer in Dollo Ado: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants.
The organization has offices across the region and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009. With funding from bilateral and multilateral donors, DRC is currently implementing a range of activities across Ethiopia and Djibouti, including WASH and shelter provision, child and youth protection, gender-based violence response, awareness-raising of migration risks, protection monitoring of migration routes, and livelihoods support for returning migrants or those at-risk of migration.
- Title: Staff Safety and Liaison Officer (Readvertise)
- Location: Dollo Ado
- Employment Category: H2
- Reporting To: Area Manager / Base manager
- Posting date: March 28, 2023,
- Required Employee: 1
- Salary: USD 540.00 to USD 656.00 based on you work experience and educational qualification.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To Manage all aspects of the DRC Safety Risk Management (SRM) system for DRC programmes within geographical area of responsibility. Strong focus on conducting Safety Risk Assessments in the field and support on Access.
Provide professional security advice, support, guidance, and expertise to DRC staff
Assist on enabling, ensuring, contextualizing, and reporting compliance to DRC MOSS security management system, while achieving effective access and continuity of operations through close cooperation with programmes
Enabling DRC staff to conduct their work in a confident, safe, appropriate, and effective manner SMT member
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
Safety Risk Management
- Oversee the Safety Risk Management (SRM) process
- Develop area and country safety management policies, protocols and procedures
- Ensure follow-up audits
- Facilitate Safety Risk Assessments (SRAs) and support the implementation of mitigation measures
- Analyze, manage and report relevant information within geographical area of responsibility
- Maintain relevant safety documentation, data and records for the areas of concern
- Develop the capacity of, and coordinate, relevant Crisis Management Teams (CMTs)
- Support Country Programming following DRC Country Access Strategy
- Technically advise on the procurement of safety-related equipment, facilities and other resources.
- Develop of contingency plans, such as medical emergency, evacuation and incident management, movement briefings and contextualization of movement plan.
Communication & information
- Support the Country Director on the communication and coordination with relevant stakeholders on all matters relating to the safety of DRC staff within geographical area of responsibility
- Collect, verify, analyze and report information that affects, or may affect, DRC operations
- Prepare and submit Safety Incident Reports (SIR)
- Follow up of context and trends in the areas of intervention
- Take part on explanatories to new areas of intervention
- Prepare and submit safety reports and trend analyses as required
- Provide Safety and Security advice on programme development and implementation
Training, supervision and support
- Support and deliver safety-related training
- Mentor and provide technical supervision to local safety staff
- Facilitate surge support to IMTs as required
As Coordinator the post-holder is responsible for the following:
- Responsible for coordinating strategy and operations within a specific discipline in a region or country
- Usually has technical line responsibilities within a given discipline, for both strategy and operations
- Provides expert advice and support to set strategy and assure operational quality and compliance
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager;
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Make sure to spread a positive image of DRC and its activities by explaining what DRC is doing and why DRC operates in that way.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master
DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 2 years of working experience as a safety and security officer with an INGO
- Experience working in multicultural work settings
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective and contextualized protocols and systems
- Experience with information gathering, analysis and report writing
- Ability to conduct and produce high quality safety risk assessments (SRAs)
- Experience with critical incident management
- Experience with delivering safety-related training
- Experience working in hostile or hazardous environments
- Full professional proficiency in English, Amharic , Somali and other language is advance
EDUCATION: (include certificates, licenses, etc.)
- University degree (BA/BSc) from a recognized institution
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Somali Language have an advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationInit.aspx?cid=1036&ProjectId=167693&DepartmentId=19012&SkipAdvertisement=true under Vacancies.
Please forward the application and CV, in English through the stated website no later than April 10, 2023.
For general information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult www.drc.ngo
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender-gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics
We encourage only qualified Ethiopian Nationals to apply. DRC considers all applicants based on merit.
Job Description: Click Here