Technology and Information Management Intern in Bogotá: The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, working in more than 40 countries to provide adequate assistance with a rights-based approach to refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced persons, returnees and migrants.
Our vision is to help refugees, internally displaced persons and their host communities to a dignified life. We protect lives and human rights and empower beneficiaries throughout conflict displacement by providing shelter, food and hope in terms of work, education and integration towards a sustainable future.
DRC established an operational presence in Colombia in 2011 with a focus on Humanitarian Mine Action (HMA) and providing support to the conflict-affected population in the south of the country. With the onset of large mixed migration flows to Colombia due to the Venezuelan crisis, DRC began an integrated humanitarian response in 2018 to meet the urgent needs of refugees, asylum seekers, migrants, Colombian returnees, and host communities in some of the areas most vulnerable in Colombia, such as the Caribbean coastal areas (Riohacha and Barranquilla). urban centers (Bogotá and Cundinamarca), and Caquetá. In 2021, DRC opened field offices on the South Pacific coast in the department of Nariño and the northern zone of Colombia in Norte de Santander.
Objective of the position:
Under the supervision of the Information Management Leader, the IT-IM practitioner will provide the necessary support for the IT infrastructure and the IM DRC strategy in Colombia.
- Carry out information management activities (forms, flows, dashboards, analysis) for the data collected by the organization.
- Support the information management strategy.
- Advise the organization on IT and IM related activities.
- Document problems and their resolution.
- Perform software installations and maintain the daily operations of the systems.
- Email support and Internet functionality.
- Hardware and software support.
- Perform a preventive maintenance service on IT equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Perform general repairs on some computer equipment and peripherals.
- Prepare an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use and in storage.
- Travel to field offices and provide IT-IM related support where required.
Experiences and technical skills:
- Student of the last semesters of careers related to information technology or management, computer systems or engineering.
- Fluency in English (valued).
- Fluency in the Spanish language.
- Management and knowledge of databases (valued programming languages).
- Management and knowledge of software, hardware, databases and information technology infrastructure.
- Management and knowledge in the production of technical material (training material, protection tools, reports, documents, etc.).
Education (Include certificates, licenses)
Student of the last semesters of careers related to information technology or management, computer systems or engineering.
Languages (Indicate the level of management)
Basic knowledge of spoken and written English.
All DRC roles require the subsequent incumbent to master the DRC Core Competencies:
- Achieve excellence: focus on achieving results and ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaboration: involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Take initiative: Take ownership and initiative while pursuing innovation.
- Communicate: listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrate Integrity: Act in Accordance with DRC’s Vision and Values
- The opportunity to belong to one of the best NGO’s worldwide.
- Access to over 1,000 free online trainings and certificates.
- 100% of the sustaining support ($1,160,000)
- Start date: Immediate.
Application process: All applicants must upload a cover letter (max. 1 page) and an updated CV (max. 2 pages, without supports) in Spanish, on the DRC employment platform. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Application closing date: Sunday, April 9, 2023 at 11:59 am Local Time. Please note that applications will be continually reviewed and interviews will be scheduled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. DRC reserves the right to close the vacancy prior to the deadline once a suitable candidate is identified.
It is recommended to apply for this vacancy as soon as possible, if it is of interest to you.
Job Description: Click Here